This is Me
My name is Maureen (although I go by Mo) and I’m a writer, editor, wife, dog mom and martini-swilling, shoe-loving, reality-TV-watching Starbucks addict.
This blog began in June 2008 after a career switch that left me in dire need of a creative outlet. My first post was about my love of handbags and the ensuing addiction to Bag, Borrow or Steal.
Here are a few other things you should know about me:
- My favorite word is “Fuck.” I use it a lot. If it didn’t exist, I’d be rendered mute.
- I am the wife to the most patient man on the planet. We have been married for 12 years.
- I am the wicked step-mom to three adult stepsons and I have two granddaughters from Middle Stepson. (I manage to curb my swearing around the girls.)
- I don’t have any kids of my own, but I do have two crazy, high-maintenance dogs: Gracie is a 4-year-old Samoyed and Penny is a 2-year-old Samoyed. Both are show dogs, which is a lot like beauty queens. Minus the tiaras and glitter, which is really a shame if you ask me.
- I also love NEED my daily Starbucks Venti Sugar-Free Vanilla Latte, high-heeled shoes and boots and a steady supply of jeans and T-shirts.
- Dirty martinis made with Belvedere Vodka are my alcoholic drink of choice. An awesome Mojito will do in a pinch. Tequila is even better.
- I liberally use the words “dude,” “groovy” and “awesome” in conversation. Fortunately, despite my East Bay (California) upbringing, I have managed to banish the word “hella” from my vocabulary.
- I love to sleep but never get enough of it because my husband (aka “Julie the Cruise Director”) suffers from Chronic Over-Planning. This might a good thing because otherwise I’d probably never leave the house if left to my own devices.
The Daily Snark is my space, but feel free to comment, lurk, read, or email me. I haven’t really had any trolls and I’d really love to keep it that way. I’m the only asshole allowed on this site.